Please read through below carefully by making payment for this event you are agreeing to the terms of the contract as outlined below
Between: University of British Columbia as represented by UBC Botanical Garden (hereinafter called the ‘Manager’)
And: Vendor in receipt of Contract (hereinafter called the ‘Exhibitor’)
Whereas the Manager has organized the UBC Botanical Garden Yoga in the Garden (the ‘Event’) to be held in Vancouver, British Columbia, on the 25th day of June, 2023;
And Whereas the Exhibitor is desirous of displaying and/or selling his/her products at the Event;
And Whereas the Exhibitor has read and agreed to abide by the conditions of this contract for participation in the Event as set out in this Agreement.
Now Therefore This Agreement Witnesses that the parties agree as follows:
- The Exhibitor will be provided with the booth area or space to set up their display, designated by the booth number and on the Event Site Plan which will be sent a week before the event. Notwithstanding the foregoing, at its sole discretion, the Manager reserves the right to change the location of the booth or the overall layout of the site plan without prior consent from the Exhibitor.
Booth Rental Fee
- Payment of the booth rental fee shall be due and payable by the Exhibitor on or before June 7th, 2023 (18 days before the event).
The booth rental fee for the Exhibitor is $50 for a table.
Undertaking of Exhibitors
The Exhibitor undertakes and agrees with the Manager as follows:
- The Exhibitor is fully and solely liable for any and all consequences, direct or indirect, arising in connection with its participation in the Event. The Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and save harmless the Manager from all and any claims arising as a result of any dissatisfaction, injury or death due to the Exhibitor’s sale of, or distribution of his products or set up of his booth or any other reason whatsoever.
- To indemnify and save harmless the Manager from all and any claims arising as a result of any loss or damage to the Exhibitor’s property cause by fire, theft, accident, vandalism or any other cause whatsoever.
- The Exhibitor understands that the Manager will not be providing security for the event site at any time during the event, nor will security be provided during the evenings the event is closed. Any and all materials left at the Exhibitor booth space overnight is subject to the Exhibitor’s discretion, and will not be protected by the Manager.
- To indemnify and save harmless the Manager from all and any claims arising as a result of dissatisfaction, loss of goods, monetary losses and bodily injury or death of any person or persons arising out of the Exhibitor’s use of the booths or any other Event facilities.
Conditions of Exhibiting
The conditions of exhibiting at the event are as follows:
- The Exhibitor must be open and operating during all hours of the Event.
- The Exhibitor and their staff must post a legible sign (min 8.5” x 11”) indicating the Exhibitor’s company name, and this must be displayed at all times during the Event.
- The Exhibitor is responsible for removing, cleaning and clearing all unused items and display debris from their booth area following closing each night of the Event.
- The Exhibitor is solely responsible for obtaining all of the Health permits, other City permits if required by law and insurance coverages from the proper authorities for participation as an Exhibitor at the Event. At the sole discretion of the Manager, failure by the Exhibitor to have the proper documentation in place will result in expulsion from the Event, without a refund.
Law to Govern
This agreement shall be interpreted according to the laws of the Province of British Columbia.
If any covenant or provision herein is determined to be void or unenforceable in whole or in part, it shall not be deemed to affect or impair the validity of any other covenant or provision hereof.
The Exhibitor has read and initialed each page and agreed to abide by the conditions of this Agreement for participation in the Event as set out in this Agreement.
The Administrative Manager University of British Columbia as represented by UBC Botanical Garden
The (the “Supplier”) acknowledges and agrees that the University of British Columbia reserves the right to cancel this contract, without notice or compensation to the Supplier if, after the date of this contract, UBC Botanical Garden Lunar New Year Market is cancelled as an onsite festival as a result of either an event of force majeure or the imposition of pandemic restrictions on gatherings by public authorities.
By making payment for this event you are agreeing to the terms of the contract as outlined above
Administrative Manager, UBC Botanical Garden